PRESIDENT AND CHAKKA CHIPS

This is a story of early 1970s. I was in Allahabad during those days. I had just returned from home after a month long leave. Somarajan, the owner of Madras hotel dashed into my room in the morning. He said that he was suddenly asked by the civil authorities to arrange the lunch for the President of India, Sri V V Giri who was visiting the city that day. He told me that he had made all arrangements for the lunch but could not get some banana chips to include in the Royal Luncheon. Since I have just returned from home, he wanted to find whether I have brought any chips from Kerala. I told him that I didn't have any banana chips with me, but I had some chakka (Jackfruit) chips. I took a big packet of chips and shown him. He took away the whole packet. My mother had specially made that chakka chips for me, but she didn't know that it was to be tasted by the President of India.

Somarajan told me next day that the President said the chips was very good. Thanks to my mother.

K V George

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POVERTY LEVEL OF INDIA - A COMPARISON BETWEEN INDIAN REPORT AND UNDP REPORT

ESTIMATED PRICES OF SELECTED ITEMS IN THE YEAR 2100

ENVIABLE COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD