JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU AND ME

This strange incident took place in my younger days. The day was Wednesday. Date 27 May 1964. After finishing the breakfast, I started the spade work of making a pencil portrait of some big people. I had big collection of paper cuttings of national and international leaders. I had gone through many faces. Finally made up my mind to draw the portrait of the then Prime Minister of India, Jawahar Lal Nehru. I took the model photo and started sketching. By about 12.30 I have completed the work. The picture looked so good. I myself was highly impressed by the portrait of the Indian PM.

Now I wanted to write a word of salutation under the picture. in Malayalam.  I went through many words. Finally selected the word ADARANJALIKAL. In fact I didn't know that this word was used for homage, not for living people. By about 1.00 pm I had completed the writing and hanged the portrait on the wall very proudly.

By around 2.30 pm came the unbelievable news; "Nehru Passed Away". Really shocking news. My ignorance caused error has converted into a truth. I still do not know what made me to write that  word of curse.

K V George

Comments

  1. This is a touching one !!!

    An innocent, unintentional piece of work turned to an accidental one


    Expecting more life experience from you !!!
    😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

POVERTY LEVEL OF INDIA - A COMPARISON BETWEEN INDIAN REPORT AND UNDP REPORT

ESTIMATED PRICES OF SELECTED ITEMS IN THE YEAR 2100

ENVIABLE COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD