THE REAL WOMAN!


This is the retirement speech given by a CEO of a business group recently.

" .... I am just passed 52 years. I am now taking retirement to give way to my daughter. She is competent enough to manage this group of companies which have a turn over of more than 1800 crores.

When I came into business I did not have even one rupee with me. I was born in a poor family. My father was a clerk in a rice mill of my village and my mother was a simple house wife with just the basic education. All that my mother's reading was from old magazines, out dated news papers and religious books. When my father married my mother, his first command was that they should have only one child and that must be a boy. When my mother was conceived father took her for gender test and found that it was girl. Soon he visited some local Vydhyas and had some country medicine to eliminate the girl child. God's wish was different. Despite a number of attempts to destroy I came to this world as an unwanted guest; just because of the kindness of my mother. She did not even tasted any of the medicines given to her to annihilate me; so this woman is standing here amongst you.

And I am here because of my mother who refused to kill me. Of course, my father too must have repented for his preconceived efforts to kill me. He died recently. I could give him all the comforts he had dreamt in his life.

I have instituted a fund for poor girls for their education in the name of my parents. My mother is here with you.
She will say a few words to you. ......."

An old woman stood up from the small gathering there and walked to the dais and gave a small speech in excellent English.

KV George
kvgeorgein@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POVERTY LEVEL OF INDIA - A COMPARISON BETWEEN INDIAN REPORT AND UNDP REPORT

ESTIMATED PRICES OF SELECTED ITEMS IN THE YEAR 2100

ENVIABLE COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD