MONEY EVERYWHERE!



While some sweat blood to get a few chips of money, there are others who do their level best to spend the large money in hand but they are unable to do so. Some years ago during a train journey, a co-passenger, might be a recently retired government official, during casual discussion, said the following. Some parents give over Rs 10,000/- to their young children studying in high school every month as pocket money. A family of husband and wife with young kids and old parents have six new cars in the house. A person  who is doing business abroad visit his home town in Kerala a few times every year. Before every visit he sends his high cost car ahead of him and takes it back when returns.

I am told that there are many families who are going abroad every year for a period of one week to three weeks. It is a routine affair for them. I was surprised to hear that there are many people around us who can get Rs 100/- crores or more in cash any time . I have heard about a foreigner who use plates and other small dishes for food only once. Those used once are never used again. Though I was very keen to see these abnormal personalities, I couldn't as I had no clue about any of them. Still I ask myself whether they are more contented than me.

K V George 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POVERTY LEVEL OF INDIA - A COMPARISON BETWEEN INDIAN REPORT AND UNDP REPORT

ESTIMATED PRICES OF SELECTED ITEMS IN THE YEAR 2100

ENVIABLE COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD