GREAT PEOPLE SAID FUNNY THINGS


          (George Bernard Shaw)

Reba McEntire (American singer)
"To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone."

Thomas Sowell (American economist)
"It takes considerable knowledge just to realise the extent of your own ignorance."

Oscar Wilde (Irish poet)
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

S E Hinton (American writer)
"I lie to myself all the time. But I never believe me."

Abraham Lincoln (16th US President)
"No mam has a good enough memory to be a successful liar."

Mark Twain (American writer)
"Get your facts first. Then you can distort them as you please."

George Bernard Shaw (Irish playwright)
"He who can does-he who cannot, teaches."
"Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire."

Pablo Picasso (Spanish painter)
"I'd like to live like poor man - only with lots of money."

Groucho Marx (American comedian)
"I find television is very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book."

K V George

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POVERTY LEVEL OF INDIA - A COMPARISON BETWEEN INDIAN REPORT AND UNDP REPORT

ESTIMATED PRICES OF SELECTED ITEMS IN THE YEAR 2100

ENVIABLE COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD