TWO REAL LIFE MEETINGS WITH THE DEAD

TWO REAL LIFE MEETINGS WITH THE DEAD

These two incidents have happened in my life years ago. Even today I cannot. find a scientific explanation for these. I have narrated these in person to some of my friends. Some listened with thrill and others turned down as sheer hallucination  Well, you too may evaluate. However I am telling these without a word of exaggeration.
1. MAN VANISHED.

 This was happened in 1961. I was 13 years old and was studying in school. I lived in a village in Kerala, India. It was a Saturday, leave for the school. Around noon I went to the stream about 300 meters away from my home for a bath. On the way I went to my neighbor Gopi's house. Gopi was about two years elder to me. He was from a Hindu(Nair) family with three brothers and a sister. He was the eldest. His father died a few years ago and afterwards his mother married to the younger brother of his bereaved  father. I had never seen his father as we had bought that new house after his fathers demise.

I called Gopi by name to take him too to the stream. Since there was no answer to my calls I walked towards the front yard of the house. I found no one there and the house was locked. This was a strange sight as some one was usually found in the house. Since there were no other houses within a radius of 250 to 300 meters other than my house I could not find the reason for the disappearance of entire members of the family. While I was turning back to my way towards the stream I found a man wearing a white cloth(dhoti) around the waist walking from the side of a stone wall. He was more than 50 meters away from me. From the side he looked like my friend Gopi. I then turned around and called him by name. He walked away without looking at me. The land was slanted towards the stream and was in slabs of around ten meters wide thickly cultivated with banana plants, yam, pepper etc. He was walking at a normal pace and I was following him. I was getting an occasional glimpse of him through the plants. He neither answered my calls nor looked at me.Of course, I was annoyed by his indifference. Since I was at a faster pace I narrowed the gap to about 20 meters behind him He then went near a coconut tree. The tree was in a ploughed land around 10 meters wide and 50 meters long. The coconut tree was surrounded by 'communist plants',  a fast spreading and wildly growing plant found in Kerala and neighboring states. These plants were thickly grown around the coconut tree.within a radius of around one meter and were tall up to two meters. I reached near the tree and stood on the upper part of the land. The entire ploughed area was visible to me. As the man, looked like my friend Gopi, was inside the bushes I waited there for a few minutes.

I heard no sounds and found no movements in the bushes. I called Gopi by name loudly. No answer yet. Loosing my patience I said at the height of my voice "If you do not answer me I shall throw stones to the bushes"  The silence persisted. I picked up small clods and slowly thrown in to the bushes with due care not to hurt him. Absolutely no response! Followed a stray of stones and clods to the bushes. Filled with thrill and anxiety I jumped into the bushes and in no time I brought down the entire bushes to the ground. No one was there! I was surprised at the core.

I clearly saw the man entering into the bushes. I was certain in unequivocal terms that he did not go out of the bushes as the entire ploughed land around the coconut tree was visible to me. It was an enigma. As all these things took place in broad day light I did not have even the slightest amount of fear but had only surprise and anger.

I slowly walked towards the stream. On reaching there I found a small gathering of people in the house on the far side of the stream. This was the ancestral house of Gopi. I had my bath and returned home.

Later in the day I came to know that it was the death anniversary of Gopi's late father and the rituals were being performed in their ancestral house with all family members together. On hearing this a chill went through my spine.Next day I narrated the incident to Gopi and his family members. All were aghast! Two things they clarified. Gopi and his father looked alike and the place where I the person was first seen was the place he was cremated.

I have no explanation to offer as to how the person was vanished in thin air! Or, I saw a man in physical body  years after his death!

2. SOUND OF SOME ONE

This strange incident enabled me to believe the physical existence of  unknown form of the dead in our surroundings.

This was happened in the year 1967 when I was in  Allahabad an old city in UP, India. I was a bachelor and was working in a public sector company 13km away on the outskirts of the city. I used to stay in a small rented house. My financial status was below par. Knowing this a friend of mine,  a senior person working in a large company told me that his company provided houses for their staff. When a staff member is transferred the house in which he stayed remain vacant till new incumbent arrives. My friend told me that I could stay in such houses without paying any rent. These houses normally remain vacant for 3 to 4 months. As I did not have much luggage with me I found this a good suggestion. I started living in that big colony. I was frequently changing houses. During such rent free stay once I was given give an old banglow of the British regime.This was a two storeyed building  and I was given the upper floor. The lower portion was occupied by an employee with his family.

One evening I reached the house in a cycle rikshaw with my luggage; a bamboo cot, a small wooden table, a folding chair, a steel trunk, a leather bag and a pitcher. With the help of the rikshaw man I brought the luggage to the upper floor. After sending the man away I pushed the unlocked door opened and entered in to a large room.with tall walls and curved roof. There was a very big fan with two long leaves hanging at the center At the middle of the right wall there was a fire place. On the extended top of it kept a big clay lion broken into two pieces There were two other small rooms, a kitchen, a dining space and a large bath room On one corner of the main room there was a heap of new and broken clay pots. A number of bamboos were kept on the other corner. I cleaned the room with a broom found in the kitchen and placed my bamboo cots under the fan and other things near the fire place. The power supply was suspended in my potion of the building

There were many houses in that colony. Banglows of my type were very few. Between two rows of houses there were internal roads These roads were linked with a municipal road about 100 meters away. On the far side of this road there were houses and a few commercial buildings. There  situated a Kerala hotel where I used to have my food. Since I was not well on that day and had a slight fever I went to the hotel and told the hotel boy, Soman, that I would not take meals in the night. I asked him to give a glass of hot milk in the night in my room when he returns home through the road in front of my banglow after closing the hotel. I took a half burnt candle from the hotel and returned.

I reached my room around 8 pm. Lighted the candle and placed on the head of the broken lion.Read the Illustrated weekly picked from my friend till the candle lasted. Had some water from the pitcher and lied on my bamboo cot under the heavy antique fan. There were faint sound of the lorries passing through the Grant Trunk Road on the far side of the hotel. The room was fairly dark The front door was kept half closed..

I was gradually falling asleep. Suddenly I heard the sound of foot steps in my room. I thought it was Soman with the milk. I called him. No answer. No sound any more. I thought I misconstrued some external sound. I lied on the bed closing my eyes. Few minutes passed The sound of foot steps again within my room. I looked at the half closed door and groped inside the room. I could not find any one in the murky place. I got up from the bed. stopped the sound as if a reaction. I was not panic, rather confused but decided not to react if the sound repeats. Lied down again without closing my eyes.Minutes rolled. Here comes the feeble but clear sound. Yes, some one is walking inside my room, might be bare footed. I did not move from the bed. Strolled my eyes around. No one could be seen. The sound is slowly approaching me. I was certain that it was a 'non living thing'. Gathered all my courage and remained motionless. "chuk.." "chuk...." the sound was nearing. It came close to my bed. Even though gloomy I was damn sure that no human being was there close to my bed. The heart beat paced up. I was loosing all my courage. Suddenly came the crushing like sound of my bamboo cot as if some one sat on that weak cot.I jumped up from the bed and ran towards the door. Stood at the veranda for some time. Wanted some water, but was not strong enough to go in. Soon came the hotel boy with the milk. I inquired whether he came their earlier but he answered negative. I did not tell him any thing more. I drank the milk and with his help brought the cot to the veranda. I slept there rest of the night.

Next morning I went to my friend who arranged the house and narrated the horrible incident. He said he would arrange another house.

After a couple of days he told me that my British banglow had some problems which he did not know. A Punjabi man stayed there with his family His wife committed suicide during her pregnency by hanging on the fan. That was the fan below which I put my cot. This happened about an year back. Since then no one stayed in that house.

The sound of foot steps was of the Punjabi lady died an year back? I do not have an answer.

KVGeorge
Kerala, India .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POVERTY LEVEL OF INDIA - A COMPARISON BETWEEN INDIAN REPORT AND UNDP REPORT

ESTIMATED PRICES OF SELECTED ITEMS IN THE YEAR 2100

ENVIABLE COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD